In Outlook click “File” in the top left corner of the screen
On the next screen click the “Add Account” button
On the next screen
- add in your email account
- click advanced options and put a tick in “Let me set up my account manually”
- Click connect
Outlook will now try to connect to the account and will present some additional options, on this page choose the “IMAP” option
On the next screen you will add the details in using the details we sent you in the setup email. In the example we are showing you here we are using the domain “mailguardian.co.uk” you will need to use your domain name replacing where we use “mailguardian.co.uk”
- In the incoming mail box add mail.yourdomain.com (replacing yourdomain.com with your actual domain) and change the port number to 993
- In the outgoing mail box add mail.yourdomain.com (replacing yourdomain.com with your actual domain) and change the port number to 465
- Change the Encryption method for both incoming and outgoing to SSL/TLS
On the next screen type the password that we sent to you and then click the connect button
On the final screen you should now get a Successful message, just click done and your are finished, your email account is now setup in outlook.
We recommend you test the account by sending an email to it and also sending and email from the new account, its best to test sending to a gmail or similar account.