If you would like to find out the direct link to a file that you have uploaded into the media library here is what you need to do
First upload your file into the media library by going to > Media > Add New > and then you can either drag and drop your file into this area or click the "Select Files" box to upload that way.
Select the File
After you have uploaded the file then go to the media library and select the file you just uploaded, if its a file you already have uploaded you can scroll down to select it or if you have a lot of items in your media library you can search for the file name using the search box
Copy the Link to the File
After you select the file you will now see the Attachment Details box, within this you will see the direct link/URL to the actual file.
- You can either click the Copy Link option which will copy the link to your clipboard so you can then paste it anywhere
- Or you can manually select the link and right click and copy it that way
Linking to the File
Now that you have the link to the file copied you can add it to your text or image etc. In the screenshot we show you how to select some text and add the link to that text, but this can also be done the same way if you have an image that you want to link to a file, you just select the image instead of the text.
- Select the text/words or image that you want to link
- Click on the link option in the toolbar
- Paste the link you have already copied into the box
- Click the apply link
- Click the settings link if you want the option to select the option to "Open link in a new tab" which is recommended most of the time
In the video tutorial at the bottom of this page we also show you a method of how when using Beaver Builder there are normally link options in many of the content modules.